All passenger cars and lightweight truck engines will be warranted for a period of 24 months / 24,000 miles. And labor is warranted for the first twelve (12) months only.
Oil and Antifreeze leaks are covered for (12) months from purchase date only.
Commercial vehicles, heavy trucks, stationary engines, and marine engines are for a period of 180 days from purchase!
The warranty applies to any part of the rebuilt assembly to the original purchaser only, should the engine failure be due to defective parts or workmanship within the warranty period. New parts will be either exchanged for the defective unit or repaired at our discretion. Due to the large variety of engines in today’s market place and the availability of cores earlier castings may be used or modified to fit a particular application and are considered suitable by us for substitution.
All warranties will be void if:
- Any engine has been determined to be overheated, abused, improperly broken-in, or operated under severe conditions causing premature wear.
- Any engine that is considered to be high performance (modified with aftermarket cams, manifolds, fuel, ignition systems) other than O.E.M specification.
- Any engine that has had the ID tags or heat tabs removed.
- Any engine that has been disassembled in part or whole prior to contacting the warranty department.
- Any engine failure due to mechanical or electrical failure such as: air cleaner, fuel system, cooling system, any part not furnished by the rebuilder.
- Any engine failure caused by damage resulting form an accident or vehicle being stolen.
Items not covered:
Any oils, filters, anti-freeze, phone calls, towing fees, lost time, lodging, car/truck rental or other substitution transportation, parts not furnished by Shreves Engine Rebuilders, damage to personal property, commercial loss.
- Engines shipped out of the continental United States will not be covered.
Shreves reserves the right to make all decisions pertaining to our warranties, in the way they are handled and which units apply. Obligations assumed under this warranty are limited to replacement of parts and labor as provided herein, and are in lieu of all other obligations, warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied. LABOR charged after 12 months/12,000miles) will be @ $90.00 per hour, according to Chilton Flat Rate Manual, including all add-ons for accessories for the duration of the warranty. All engines are subject to FACTORY INSPECTION (F.O.B. St. Louis) before any decision will be made. It will be the responsibility of the purchaser to properly maintain oil changes including oil and air filters, starting at the first 500 miles, then every 3000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first, from a professional source and all records must be dated with odometer reading. These must be kept in the event of a warranty claim. Failure to supply these documents at this time will result in cancellation of your warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state. This warranty is the only express warranty made by Shreves Engine Rebuilders applicable to its engines. Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose applicable to such engines is limited to the duration of the written warranty. Shreves Engines Rebuilders shall not be liable for consequential or commercial damages resulting form breach of this written warranty.
If there is any question concerning a warranty please contact Shreves Engines immediately at:
(314) 421-5585 or 1-888-421-5585